Install Magento on wamp server localhost
We have a new post on the same topic with advanced information. Click on this link to go to the post.
Magento is one of the leading e-commerce platform through which you can easily create your own online web store by yourself.
Magento CE is easily downloadable from www.magentocommerce.com. Anyone can download and use the CE versions of Magento. But at the time of installing Magento in your own local WAMP server, you will face a ‘Maximum execution time exceed’ error.
So in this article we are going to discuss how Magento can successfully be installed into your local WAMP Server.
Download WAMP Server: - For downloading WAMP server you need to go to www.wampserver.com. You can download the latest version of WAMP 2.0i along with installation details from this URL. After download you will receive a Set Up file. Just install and start the WAMP server.
Download Magento CE: - For downloading Magento CE you need to go to www.magentocommerce.com. From download section download the latest version of Magento CE in zip format. Extract the zip folder and copy the folder called “magento” to WAMP installation path ‘WWW’ folder.
Create Database for Magento: - To install Magento on your local machine you need to create one database. So just go to ‘PHPMyAdmin‘ and create a database e.g. ‘magentotest’.
Start installing Magento: – Now start WAMP localhost in your machine. In the ‘Projects’ section, you will see a folder called ‘magento’, just click on this project.’ Magento Installation Wizard’ will start. In the next step click on the ‘Continue’ button and enter localization settings. In the next phase enter proper configuration settings and click on ‘Continue’ button.
Appearance of Error: - At this point of time an error will appear ‘Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in ‘Installation path of WAMP/WWW/magento/lib/ZendDB/Statement/Pdo.php’
How to fix this error?
Well, this error can be fixed easily; Here we are providing the solution to fix this error within a short time.
Steps to fix this error:
- Open WAMP Server menu->go to PHP-> select php.ini file
- The file will be opened in a notepad.
- Find the code ‘max_execution_time’. By default the value set is ‘60’. Change it with a higher value ‘1800’.
- Find the code ‘max_input_time’. By default the value set is ‘30’. Again change it to ‘1800’.
- Save php.ini file.
See the result after fixing the error: - Now you are all set to see the result of what you have done. So start viewing it like this:
- Restart your WAMP services.
- Open WAMP localhost
- Click on the ‘magento’ folder
- Magento Installation Wizard will appear. Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Enter localization settings.
- Enter configuration settings. Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now you will get the Admin setup section of Magento rather than the previous error.
- Setup and save Magento Admin settings.
- Get the Magento user panel on the URL http://localhost/magento/index.php and get the admin panel of Magento on the URL http://localhost/magento/index.php/admin.
For further details please watch this video